These are the Top 10 wines I sampled in 2007. While the specific vintages may be hard to find, the producers are generally consistent from year to year.
1. Rosenblum Abba Vineyard Syrah, 2004
Wow. This is a pucker-punch with loads of fresh fruit.
2. Louis Jadot Puligny-Montrachet, 2002
Smooth as silk, the perfect complement to lobster on the deck.
3. Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon, 1997
Subtle and refined, another '97 that delivers as promised.
4. Novy Page-Nord Vineyard Syrah, 2000
Power and finesse. Simply delicious and worth the wait.
5. Caymus Conundrum, 2005
Reminds me a high-end Guwertztraminer but not as sweet.
6. Chimney Rock Cabernet, 2004
Wonderful flavor and texture. Classic Cab.
7. Domaine LaTour Giraud Puligny-Montrachet, 1999
Gathers finesse with age. Magical sitting on the deck in the sun.
8. Pellegrini Chardonnay, 2005
Long Island gem is subtle, crisp, clean and underrated.
9. Leasingham Clare Valley Bin 61 Shiraz, 1998
Well-worth the wait. Delicious red with tremendous balance.
10. Chateau Bel Air Bordeaux, 1997
The Bordeaux that convinces me to keep buying Bordeaux.